Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Secret of the Sirens

Author: Julia Golding
My Description: A really good book (for those readers of my regular blog this is the one I was reading in the rain) with awesome characters and cool magical beings... There were a few things I didn't get (like why the Heroine's parents send her to live with her aunt and her brother to boarding school? Or some other unanswered questions that I can't quite remember...) but overall it was a pretty good book that I would recommend it... and don't be fooled by the word 'Siren' like I was, this book isn't really that much about Greek mythology.
Back-of-the-Book Description: When Connie Lionheart is sent to live with her eccentric aunt by the sea, she's not expecting anything great--not to make friends with Col, the coolest guy in town, and certainly not to discover that mythical creatures still exist, that an ancient society had protected them for centuries, and that a dark and treacherous force lurks in their midst.
Most of all, she doesn't expect to learn that she has the rarest of talents, greater even than her secret ability to communicate with animals. With Col's help, she could achieve unimaginable power--and face the terrifying choices that come with it.
Starting Date: May 19th
Ending Date: May 23rd
Reading Time: Five days
Pages: 357
Writing Rating: 6
Story Rating: 7
Overall Rating: 7

Book #29 of '08



Here's a Siren I drew as it appeared in this book... I just thought I'd put it in.

No comments: