Monday, October 13, 2008

Brisingr

(see this post on my regular blog if you wish... it's about this book as well)



Author: Christopher Paolini
My Description: Oh, my, gosh. It's not everyday you come by a book like this. It's not every year you come by a book like this. This an amazing adventure... a wonderful ride... a fantastic story....

Now for my description:

The first ten or so pages were okay, then it was fabulous. Then, it went down hill when Eragon started eating meat again.
In the last book, Eragon learns to go inside the minds of other creatures, and he feels how animals feel, and then, when he starts to eat animals, he just can't do it after sharing their experience of existence and knowing how they live... It was just a complete change of morals for him to start eating it regularly, and I had really liked the whole vegetarian thing. After that, however, the book really takes off and gets great. I love how it switched from Roran, to Eragon, to Nasuada... I really haven't read a book like this in a long, long time. I just loved it. There was a little too much time spent on forging Eragon's new sword, but besides that and my other few problems, Brisingr was amazing... Wow. Wow, wow, wow.
There was one plot twist (that I actually predicted!) that was just wonderful. I thought it was a great addition and though I want to go on and on about it, I don't want to spoil it for you... So I'll just let you read the book. The amazing, wonderful book.

Here's a 'prophecy' I made up about some things that happen in the book... I thought you might like to hear it:
A Shade slain,
A city taken,
A new King named,
And truths shaken...


Mr. Paolini, please hurry up and finish the next book!!!

Back-of-the-Book Description: Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.
First is Eragon’s oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran’s beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix’s clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too.
The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength—as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices—choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny.

Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king? (OF COURSE! Eragon is awesome. Yes, this is Galaxy speaking...)

Starting Date: (Coming soon)
Ending Date: October 11th
Reading Time: (Coming soon)
Pages: 784
Recommendations: To those who like fantasies or adventures 11 & up, and those who like the Inheritance series (Eragon, Eldest, and now Brisingr).
Writing Rating: 8 1/2
Story Rating: 9
Overall Rating: 9


Book #41 of '08

No comments: