Saturday, December 13, 2008

Septimus Heap: Queste

Author: Angie Sage
Back-of-the-Book Description: There's trouble at the Castle, and it's all because Merrin Meredith has returned with Darke plans for Septimus. More trouble awaits Septimus and Jenna in the form of Tertius Fume, the ghost of the very first Chief Hermetic Scribe, who is determined to send Septimus on a deadly Queste. But Septimus and Jenna have other plans—they are headed for the mysterious House of Foryx, a place where all Time meets and the place where they fervently hope they will be able to find Nicko and Snorri, who were trapped back in time in physik. But how will Septimus escape the Queste?
My Description: I didn't like "Queste" as much as I had liked the other Septimus Heap books. It just didn't do it for me.
I wish that they had a happier ending for Simon and Lucy. I know what Simon did was horrible in the book before last, but I wanted him to resolve things with his brothers, and Jenna especially... I also wanted Lucy to figure things out with her own family, but I suppose the next book might make all that better--fingers crossed!
Also, it took forever for the action to start. In different books it's about halfway before they get passed the introduction. Normally in Ms. Sage's books I get it a lot more quickly. Strangely enough, this one was a little different. It took forever for some action, but when it came it was great.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this book. It was still the clever, witty, humorous and fun stuff that made me love this series... I just didn't like it as much as the others. Oh well.

Oh, and the whole Dragon/Marcia thing was great. I love Marcia.
Recommendations: To those of us who have fallen in love with the Septimus Heap books.
Pages: 608
Writing Rating: 8 1/2
Story Rating: 7 1/2
Overall Rating: 7 3/4

Book #46 of '08

No comments: