Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Update at the End of the Year

It's been a year since I started my ravenous hunt for books... wow...

At the beginning of 2008, I set a goal: I wanted to read 25 books before January 1, 2009. I've reached that goal, and doubled it--I've read 50 books, and what books I read!!!

Here are some favorites from my long hunt:*
  1. Holes, by Louis Sachar
  2. The Shadow Thieves and Siren Song, by Anne Ursu
  3. The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse and Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
  4. Sirena (DEPRESSING ENDING ALERT!!!), by Donna Jo Napoli
  5. Waiting For Odysseus, by Clemence McLaren
  6. The Riddles of Epsilon, Christine Morten-Shaw
  7. The Good Neighbors, by Holly Black
  8. The Book of Lies, by James Moloney
  9. Keeper of the Winds, by Jenna Solitaire
  10. Getting Started With Latin (NON FICTION ALERT!), by William E. Linney

My favorite of them being Holes, which is currently my all-time favorite book (even though it's not fantasy. Quite shocking)

What will the next year hold? Hopefully a huge bag of books--good books! And what will my goal be? Well, I decided instead of setting a goal, I would guess how many books I think I'll read. My guess for now, I suppose, is 48.

Anyways, this has been a wonderful year of books! I hope this next year brings you the most wonderful of stories--and life--you can imagine!

Love,

The Bookworm known as Galaxy

*There were bunches of other wonderful books; these were just some of my favorites. Also, I didn't mention the books that came in a series I had already read part of when I started my book-blog (like Brisingr, which was wonderful, but I didn't review Eragon or Eldest--its predecessors--so I didn't mention it in my favorites).