Monday, February 9, 2009

Sideways Stories from Wayside School


Author: Louis Sachar
Back-of-the-Book Description: There was a terrible mistake-Wayside School was built with one classroom on top of another, thirty stories high! (The builder said he was sorry.) Maybe that's why all kinds of funny things happened at Wayside-especially on the thirtieth floor.
My Description: I got this book because I heard the third in the series (Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger) on tape when I was very little and absolutely adored it. This one was a little unjust here and there, but I still loved it because of the way Mr. Sachar wrote it (he also wrote my all-time favorite book Holes). Though I didn't like the unjust bits, little peoples are sure to adore the whole thing.

All in all, a very cute and very silly story. It's crazy, zany, and most definitely sideways!
Pages: 128
Recommendations: A family reading to younger children, or younger children would be the main audience, but anyone and everyone could love this cute story.
Writing Rating: 9
Story Rating: I can't really rate the story, because it's more than one... It's bunch of stories put together to make this silly book.
Overall Rating: 8


Book #8 of '09, Book #58 of all

No comments: