Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hercules: The Man, the Myth, the Hero

(this is a little book, so my review will be different than usual)


Autor: Kathryn Lasky
Illustrator: Mark Hess
My Description: It's an awful story. I rented it because of my love of Greek Mythology. I did NOT like it. Oh my gosh... Poor, poor, poor, short tempered Hercules! The illustrations were beautiful--they really POPPED--but they weren't of things I actually wanted to see... And like I said, the story was just AWFUL. So many horrible things... Please, don't let me begin to THINK about them. I want to write a sequel where Hercules goes to the realm of Hates (the Land of the Dead) and get's his family back, then goes to get revenge on that nasty vengeful Hera! It's not Hercules' falt that his father is god who won't stay true to his wife (Hera) and has countless children (in this case Hercules) with mortal women.
Back-Of-The-Book Description: Listen to my tale, one of cunning and glory. A story of a monster and a man, a hero and a man. But all with one name: Hercules...
So begins the monumental saga of one of the most fascinating Greek hheroes, Hercules. The son of Zeus and a mortal woman, he is the most hated enemy of Zeus's jealous wife, Hera. Only the unique gift of godlike strength that Hercules posesses will serve as his salvation from Hera's treachery. But it will also become a frightening and monstrous force that Hercules will have to learn to control in order to find the peace that he seeks.
Staring Date: February 23rd
Ending Date: February 23rd
Reading Time: 1 day
Pages: 30
Writing Rating: 4
Story Rating: 3
Illustration Rating: 8
Overal Rating: 4
Book #10 of '08

No comments: