Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Land of Green Ginger


Author: Noel Langley
My Description: What a delightfully funny book! It's been so long since I've read a book that made me laugh! The story was really cute and it had so many funny things in it... It really is a great book and I highly recomend it!
Back-Of-The-Book Description: This beloved classic opens with Aladdin, now Emperor of China, trying to decide what to name his new son, a child who won't stop talking and is already far too articulate for his own good. The Genie of the Lamp announces that Abu Ali should be the child's name, and that his destiny is to rescure the magician who created the Land of Green Ginger (a sort of fabulous floating garden) and then turned himself into a Button-Nosed Tortoise by mistake. Abu Ali is told he is the only one who can find the peripatric island, locate the Button-Nosed Tortoise and reverse the spell. So begins a series of adventures that invoke a comemorable cast of characters, some despicalble, some feckless, and some (no surprise) beautiful and feisty.
Starting Date: Feburary 5th
Ending Date: Feburary 7th
Reading Time: Three days
Pages: 149
Recomendations: For a family reading together, and to people who are 16 or younger... it's a funny book, but a little childish, and I'm not sure if adults (or people close to adults) would like to read it.
Writing Rating: 8 (because it was sooo funny!)
Story Rating: 7
Overal Rating: 7 1/2
Book #5 of '08

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool... I wish I had a book blog of all the books I read when I was your age so I could look back and remember what I thought of them (or even then I read them!)

Anonymous said...

or even then I read them? Meant THAT, I think I had that exact same brain oops in another comment... strange...

Galaxy said...

Yeah! It's already coming in handy! "When did I read that book? I'll just look at my book blog--and I'll even see what I thought!"
And imagine how nice it'll be for my kids to see some books I liked, or books they might be interested in, we just go to the year on my book blog when I was their age... and done! They can browse all they want!