Friday, February 15, 2008

The Moon By Night

Author: Madeline L'Engel
My Description: It's about a girl named Vicky who is growing up, and going though a lot of changes that are happening in her life. She and her family go on a camping vacation all around America and a little in Canada and in the end Vicky is a little bit wiser, and a little bit more knowing than she used to be. I really enjoyed this book, because I'm at almost the same stage of 'growing up' as Vicky, and can relate to her. I also love Madeline L'Engel books:)
Back-Of-The-Book-Description: Vicky Austin is filled with uncertainty about everything. Her parents call it Vicky's "difficult year". But fourteen-year-old Vicky is not so consumed by her problems that she can't enjoy the exciting adventures of her family's cross-country summer caming trip--and the attention of the gorgeous, black-haired Zachary Grey, who just happenes to pop up wherever the Austin family makes camp. It will certainly be an interesting vacation...
Starting Date: Not recorded... somtime in Febuary after the last book.
Ending Date: Not recorded... sometime in Febuary...
Reading Time: Three to four days
Pages: 250
Recomendations: The story brings up some facts about the Nazis that shouldn't be heard by a younger reader... I say that only people 13 (okay, I know, I'm not quite there yet, but that section was a little upsetting for me, and I would have liked to wait a bit longer to hear it, but I will be 13 soon...ish) and up should read this book for that fact, other than that I think it's a MUST for girl teenagers who are going through this ROUGH stage of life.
Writing Rating: 8
Story Rating: 8
Overall Rating: 8


Book 7 of '08

2 comments:

Rose said...

No picture? I miss those...

Galaxy said...

Sorry! I just returned the book... he, he, he...