Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Name Of This Book Is Secret


Author: Pseudonymous Bosch
My Description: It had a wonderful beginning. It made me laugh. It made me smile. It was--I tell you--a wonderful beginning. I loved it.
Then the book continued. It was suspenseful. It millions of questions, it was gripping. I was scared. It was great.
Then it ended, and I tell you, it put me in a bad mood. Not only no one believe them, but they got blamed for all the bad things that happened! Also, some people who turned out to bad were people I really didn't want to be, though I guess I suspected it... The book just had an awful ending. Do yourself a favor, and skip chapter 32. Go strait to chapter 32. (really, that wasn't a typo, the have two chapter 32s. One you can write yourself) Then end the book before you get put in a foul mood... But I guess the worst part was, I NEVER LEARNED THE SECRET!
Back-Of-The-Book-Description: If this were a normal cover for a normal book, I would tell you that this book is fantastic! Gripping! (according to their covers, all books are fantastic and gripping) You'd meet the brave young heroes, Cass and Max-Ernest*. And you'd hear about how a mysterious box of vials, the Symphony of Smells, sends them on the trail of a magician who has vanished under strange (and stinky) circumstances. If this were a normal book, I would brag about the hair-raising adventures that follow--about the brain twisting riddles Cass and Max-Ernest* solve and the nefarious villains they fave. But, sadly, I can't tell you about any of those things: they might make you want to read the book.
You see, not only is the name of this book secret, the story is too. For it concerns a secret--a big secret--that has tormenting people like you for over... OH NO! Did I just mention the Secret? Then it's too late.
I'm afraid nothing will stop you now. Open the book if you must, but please, tell no one.

With apologies, Pseud. Bosch

*not their real names.
Starting Date: February 29th
Ending Date: March 1st
Reading Time: Two days
Pages: 360
Recommendations: To people who are at least 10 or a family reading together. I guess some people may not mind the ending, but I do, and I wouldn't like you to feel as I do, so I would recommend to play it safe and follow advice I gave earlier.
Writing Rating: 9
Story Rating: 8
Overall Rating: 8 (you know, had it not been for the ending, it would have been one of my favorite books... *sigh, sigh sigh*)
Book #14 of '08

No comments: