Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Young Unicorns


Author: Madeline L'Engle
My Description: Another great book by Miss L'Engle. The Young Unicorns is the continuation of The Moon By Night, and The Moon By Night is the continuation to The Arm of the Starfish. I really liked The Young Unicorns. It was very interesting. It had mystery, suspense, adventure, plot twists, the one thing I would change is I would have had it a little more centured on Vicky, and not so evenly dispursed. I like Vicky.
Anyway, I can't say what happened without giving away awesome secrets, but I will say, though the begining was a little confusing and it took a bit to figure out what was going on, I LOVED IT! (oh, and it has NOTHING to do with unicorns, don't ask me why it's called that)
Back-Of-The-Book Description: "You called me?"
When Suzy and Rob Austin and their friend Emily Gregory find an old lamp, rub it, and appear to conjure up a tall, powerful figure in long, smoky green robes and pale blue turban who says he is "the genie Hythloday, the servant of the lamp," they are completely unaware that a bizarre and terrifying plot to rule New York City is under way. It means extreme danger for the Austin family and their friends, all of whom are targets for the corruption--or destruction. But luckily their "genie" is on their side.
Starting Date: March 3rd
Ending Date: March 11th
Reading Time: Nine days
Pages: 285
Recommendations: To people who like suspenses and mysteries. I would say this book is good for ten and up, (or a family reading together) because it would be to hard for younger children to understand some of the scientific content. Though the previous book in this series had some facts in it that I wouldn't recommend to younger children, this one is fine--as long as you have someone who can understand science!
Writing Rating: 7
Story Rating: 8 1/2
Overall Rating: 8 1/2

Book #15 of '08

No comments: