Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger

Author: Louis Sachar
Back-of-the-Book Description: Revolving around the substitute teachers that the students of this zany school must endure, the 30 stories here will delight devotees of the Wayside School; according to PW, Sachar's supply of plot twists and plays on words are "inexhaustible."
My Description: Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger was just as silly as the others in this series, (Sideways Stories From Wayside School and Wayside School is Falling Down) and Mr. Sachar's writing was as wonderful as ever. My favorite of the stories in the book was the last one, with the teacher who had an ear on top of her head and could read minds.
This collection of short stories is not the best of books for older readers, but oh my it is fantabulous for little ones, and anyone can enjoy it, if not as fully as peoples like my baby brothers. I really loved these cute little stories both when I was little and now that I'm not quite so... Someday, I'm not sure when, but someday I'll read these again... and AGAIN...
Pages:. 160
Recommendations: Mostly to younger children or a family reading together, but anyone could enjoy this series.
Writing Rating: 9
Story Rating: Again, it's hard to rate the story of this book since there are so many different ones.
Overall: 8

Book #12 of '09, Book #62 of all

No comments: